CARLING ‘YOUR PINT CAN’ WETHERSPOONS PROMOTION 2018 – SHORT TERMS & CONDITIONS
*18+, Great Britain only. Nomination Period: from 12:00hrs on 21.05.18 until 23:59hrs on 31.08.18. Purchase a pint of Carling from a participating Wetherspoon pub & submit your nomination at carling.com/yourpintcan - nominations must follow the ‘Nomination Guidelines’. 1 nomination per person per day. Two judging panels will be run between 21st May & 31st August where winning projects will be selected. Full T&Cs apply - see carling.com/terms for details, Nomination Guidelines. Please drink responsibly.
CARLING ‘YOUR PINT CAN’ WETHERSPOONS PROMOTION 2018 – FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Nomination instructions are deemed to form part of these terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter & Data Controller is Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited, 137 High Street, Burton upon Trent, DE14 1JZ a company registered in England and Wales with company number 26018. Do not send entries to this address as they will not be accepted.
2. This promotion is only open to consumers who are aged 18 years or over and who are resident in Great Britain (“Nominees”).
3. The nomination period opens at 12.00hrs on 21 May 2018 and closes at 23.59hrs on 31 August 2018 (“Nomination Period”).
4. To submit a nomination, during the Nomination Period, Nominees must purchase a pint of Carling from a participating JD Wetherspoon establishment. Nominees must then visit www.carling.com/yourpintcan to submit their nomination. All nominations must follow and comply with the nomination guidelines below:
i. Keep it about the community. We want to help with problems that need fixing outside of the pub and in the wider community - nominations must not benefit the Promoter or JD Wetherspoon;
ii. The nomination should enable sociability. We want to be as inclusive as possible. Your idea should benefit more than just a few people and benefit as many of the wider community as possible;
iii. Make sure your nomination is a tangible project. We can’t just give a monetary donation to a local cause;
iv. Make sure the audience is right for Carling. We cannot support projects that primarily or solely directly benefit children;
v. The project must be able to be completed within 3 months (unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter).
(the “Nomination Guidelines”).
5. The Promoter will provide funding (a minimum of £40,000) towards selected community projects and their fulfilment. The Promoter cannot guarantee the number of projects that can be fulfilled.
6. Nominations are limited to one per person.
7. The Promoter cannot guarantee that a Nominee’s project will be selected. The Nomination Period consists of two rounds. The first round nomination entry period opens on 21 May 2018 and closes at 23.59hrs on 30th June 2018 (“Round 1”). After Round 1, there will be a period of voting and selection which will end on the week commencing 9th July. The second round nomination entry period opens on 1st July 2018 and closes at 23.59hrs on 31st August 2018. After Round 2, there will be a period of voting and selection which will end on the week commencing 10th September 2018. Unsuccessful nominations submitted during Round 1 will be carried over into Round 2. Successful nominations selected during Round 1 will not be carried over into Round 2.
8. The voting and selection panel will consist of representatives of the Promoter, JD Wetherspoon and Project Dirt Limited (the Promoter’s agency supporting with the promotion). The judging criteria will include: that the nomination abides by the Nomination Guidelines, the nomination is feasible within the timeframes of the Promotion, is perceived to have a significant local community benefit (in the opinion of the panel), complies with any applicable laws and any other criteria set by the Promoter. The decision on winning projects is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The scope of each project, the funding of each project and execution of each project is at the discretion of the Promoter. Project Dirt Limited will contact the relevant third parties to fulfil each project before 31 December 2018. Project Dirt Limited shall procure each project and sub-contract the works to deliver each project.
10. Nominees will find out if their nomination has been successful within 30 (thirty) days following the selection and voting periods for each round. Successful nominations will be notified via email or telephone provided with the nomination. Unsuccessful nominations will not be contacted. The Nominee will be subject to a verification process to confirm that they satisfy these terms and conditions. Only entrants that have selected the “opt in” option will be contacted directly. Nominees will not win a prize if their nomination is successful.
11. If the beneficiary of a nomination does not respond to their notification that they have been nominated to benefit from the project, or the scope of the project changes or they do not wish to accept the project, this will result in their nomination being forfeited and an alternative beneficiary will be selected based on a reserve chosen at the time of the original selection and under the same terms and conditions as the original selection. The new beneficiary of a nomination will then be notified.
12. By entering the promotion, all Nominees will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All nomination instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Nominee if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Nominee has breached any of the terms and conditions.
14. Each successful project in whole or in part is non-transferable. No cash or alternative project will be offered in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a project of equal or greater value.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
16. The Promoter will collect personal information from Nominees for the purposes of administering this promotion and will share this personal information with its marketing agency and Project Dirt Limited who will be supporting the Promoter with the promotion. This includes contacting the Nominees via telephone and publicising information about the Nominees by post. By entering this promotion, Nominees agree to the collection and use of their data in this manner.
17. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any Nominee or third party of cheating, deception, or fraudulent conduct of any kind the Promoter or the participating outlet reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Nominee or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. Failure by the Promoter or the participating outlet to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the promotion or redemption of a project.
19. The Promoter does not take responsibility for, recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of third parties associated with the projects and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party.
20. With the exception of death or personal injury arising out of the Promoter’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law, all liability whatsoever on the part of the Promoter for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, liabilities, injury or disappointment including any loss of profits, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings and whether special, direct, indirect, consequential, suffered by the Nominee howsoever arising in connection with the promotion are excluded.
21. The name of each successful Nominee and brief details of their nominated project will be available by sending a SAE to Carling Your Pint Can, Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited, 137 High Street, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1JZ from 31 August 2018 for a period of 3 months.
22. Successful Nominees may be required to participate in reasonable unpaid publicity as specified by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use successful Nominee’s name and reference their project and publish those details on www.carling.com, Carling social media pages, JD Wetherspoon social media pages and other promotional channels.
23. These Terms and Conditions, this promotion and any other dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
24. The Promoter does not intend to use this promotion in any way to encourage the excessive consumption of alcohol.